Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Synthesizing all the little principles vision improvement for a synergistic effect

If you've been religiously reading the Perfect Vision For Life Newsletter, by now you should know quite a bit about improving your eyesight. How are your eyes doing now? Do you have any feedback for me? Did you find this newsletter to be useful? Tell me about your experience by replying to this email.

The sad fact is... most people who read this newsletter is not going to do anything to change their habit. And if you don't do anything, then nothing will improve.

If you ARE one of those people who practice what they know (and I'm sure you are), then you probably have a lot on your plate right now. This issue of the newsletter is to help people like you get the bigger picture of what you're doing. We are done analysing (breaking a big problem into smaller problems) and we'll now start synthesizing (combining small solutions into one big solution).

First off, let's recap what we have covered so far.

It's not your eyes that see. It's your brain. And your brain have the power to improve itself, from the mere act of imagining.
One great way to imagine is to palm your eyes and imagine seeing clearly.
The eye exercises that you'll be doing (or is doing) is not meant to "strengthen" your eye muscles, but on the contrary, to relax it. These exercises achieve this by making you see the "proper" way.
The way you breathe affects your whole body - including your eyes.
Underexposing your eyes to sunlight is equally harmful to overexposing.
Blinking is a great way to relax your eyes so make sure you blink every 3 -4 seconds.
They sound like a lot of work right? So let's start synthesizing them into one routine that you can easily follow.

Here's what I do. First thing I do when I wake up, I drink a large glass of water. Then I palm for 5 - 10 minutes. Set a timer so you wouldn't worry about doing too short or too long.

When I palm, I imagine the things that relaxes me - a stretch of sandy quiet beach and the gentle wind. On that beach is me without my glasses and drinking fresh coconut juice (what else?). I also consciously imagine clearly seeing someone's face from afar on that beach - it's my husband. ( Imagining that you see something clearly without your glasses will take some practice if you've been wearing glasses your whole life).

After I palm, I go out for a morning walk to expose my eyes to the gentle morning sun (6.30 am). After the walk, I would sit on a bench, close my eyes with my face facing up and swing my head. Meanwhile I breathe deeply and again I imagined something that soothes me.

Then I go back home and continue with my daily life. How long did my morning routine takes? About 20 - 30 minutes. The difference I feel for the rest of the day... is really quite unbelievable unless you try it yourself.

So go try it. Next week I'll introduce you to yet another eye exercise and if you don't master these basics for now (There's a reason why I only send out one issue of this newsletter per week. It's to give you time to practice.)... then learning more eye exercises would be just as unproductive.

No comments:

Post a Comment